About Your Role
As QA Team Manager at Veniam, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities, personal development and career plans of all members of Veniam’s QA Team. Under your leadership, the team will perform all the quality assurance activities needed to ensure that automotive-grade software is deployed for world-class automotive OEMs and Tier-1 suppliers’ platforms, enabling millions of vehicles to move massive amounts of data vehicle and the Cloud.
Your tasks as QA Team Manager include estimating effort, assigning tasks, reporting progress, supporting the team and evaluating the performance of every team member.
- Drive the QA activities at Veniam by reporting to the Head of Automotive Engineering, managing the day to day activities of the team, and fostering a cohesive and motivating working environment;
- Set targets, implement guidelines and assign tasks, taking into account team member capacities and satisfaction, team/company goals and schedule constraints;
- Ensure that all members understand the team’s objectives and work effectively to achieve it while being accountable for the on-time execution of all tasks with the highest standards of quality, security, compliance, and reliability;
- Be the advocate for quality assurance at Veniam by promoting software development best practices to ensure smoother related operations;
- Work closely with the Tech Leads in all technical decisions to be made in the QA team;
- Perform periodic appraisals for all team members, regarding performance, compensation, training needs/activities, role descriptions, and overall satisfaction;
- Work with the Head of Technology Management as well as product and project teams to understand the requirements and use-cases to be addressed;
- Work closely with other engineering teams to properly define tasks in accordance with Veniam’s Technology Roadmap, as well as the tools and processes to needed for the deployment in the automotive platforms of Veniam’s customers;
- Assist in recruiting processes for technical positions within your team when requested by the Head of Automotive Engineering (defining job descriptions according to team needs, performing scouting of candidates, attending interviews, etc.).
- Experience in employing commercial and open-source test tools to include planning, analysis, interpretation, and report creation writing (testing effort covers functional, regression, integration, performance, load, security, etc.);
- Knowledge in Linux/Arm-based system architectures and Cloud-based architectures (microservices, AWS, etc.);
- Skilful in leading teams in Agile environments;
- Ability to review deliverables’ milestones create resource plans and engineering effort allocation;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
- 5+ years of experience in technical leadership roles;
- 3+ years of experience managing teams to deliver projects or embedded software releases;
- Experience in assuring coaching/team building and performance/career management;
- Experience in automotive market standards and methodologies is a nice plus;
- Experience setting up or leading QA teams or processes in automotive-related industry is of high value;
- Bonus for experience setting up or leading QA teams or processes in companies following Automotive Spice, ISO 262626, or similar standards.
We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal, and sales offices in Detroit, Munich, and Tokyo.