Who we are
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, our technology makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security.
At Veniam, we believe our success is enhanced by different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. It is not just about connecting vehicles and technology, it is also about connecting human beings and communities where everyone can feel free to be themselves. We are casual, flexible and pragmatic, but never forget to deliver the best possible work we can. These are our Core Values: Act Selflessly, Bring Grit, Deliver Excellence, Keep Learning and Own It.
What the role is
Our Finance team works closely with senior leaders as well as Sales, PMO, Product, Tech, People & Values, and Operations teams to ensure and support the smooth running of all departments and subsidiaries. As a Financial Controller, you will be responsible for providing financial guidance to clients and colleagues worldwide, aiming to promote informed business decisions. To be successful in this role, you must have high-level analytic skills and previous experience in accounting and finance controlling in a rapidly growing start-up environment.
What you will be owning
- Monitoring of accounting operations by overseeing all transactions related to the general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting, in coordination with our external partner for accounting;
- Optimization of daily/monthly processes to improve reporting activities;
- Securement of compliance with statutory law and financial regulations;
- Support for the People & Values team with payroll and other personnel cost analysis;
- Creation and analysis of reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries, and financial statements;
- Monitorization and interpretation of profit and loss statements, cash flows, and expenditure while maintaining updated forecasts;
- Review and preparation of analytical reports of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial accounts.
What you will need to have
- 3-5 years of working experience in controlling in a small to medium-sized, fast-paced, service-related business;
- Experience with SNC, IFRS, and USGAAP principles and consolidation process;
- Knowledge of reporting tools (e.g., Navision, BI, Power BI) and readiness to learn new systems and reporting approaches;
- Advanced user of Excel and MS Office tools;
- Strong analytical skills and keen critical thinking;
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken (eliminatory - only applications submitted fully in English will be considered);
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Controlling or adjacent areas.
What we offer
- The chance to have a meaningful and positive impact in the world;
- Fair compensation and company stock options;
- A fast-paced work environment full of kind, smart and highly driven people;
- Outstanding professional and personal growth opportunities;
- Regular team-building events and well-being initiatives/facilities;
- Flexible working hours and work from home policy.
Then click apply, we can't wait to meet you!