We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal and sales offices in Detroit, Munich and Tokyo.
About Your Role
As a Cloud Engineer at Veniam you will be responsible for developing high-performance, high-availability and multi-geography Cloud Backend services and applications. Your work deliverables will be part of the critical Cloud services that enable thousands of vehicles deployed over multiple vehicular deployments to move massive amounts of data between them and the Cloud with the right level of QoS and security.
- Develop high-performance, scalable cloud services, critical for the performance of connected vehicle networks;
- Research, learn and apply coding best practices, enabling the creation of high standard Cloud Backend products;
- Collaborate with the Cloud frontend and embedded software development teams to provide high-performance, high-availability and intuitive backend services to Veniam internal and external users, partners and customers;
- Understand the importance and impact to customers and partners of reported issues in the Cloud Backend components;
- Iterate rapidly on top of low and high detail requirement sets;
- Investigate the source of reported issues, collaborating with the full stack engineering team when required.
- Relevant experience in relational databases (MySQL, PostGres, or PipelineDB) as well as NoSQL databases such as Mongo, Redis;
- Experience with high performance data queueing platforms such Kafka, ZeroMQ, and RabbitMQ.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
- Plus for experience with Puppet/Chef as well as orchestration frameworks including Kubernetes, Mesos, or Terraform.
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to email@example.com