We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal and sales offices in Detroit, Munich and Tokyo.
About Your Role
As a Senior Data Engineer you will work in close collaboration with Veniam’s Head of Data on the architecture for data ingestion, processing and creation of machine learning models. Your team will be implementing data pipelines and automating model training by working closely with Data Scientists for designing the models, making experiments, answering questions and testing hypotheses. You will also work closely with Veniam’s Platform Engineering team in bringing your solutions into production. In Veniam, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge tools in a creative team that is always challenging itself!
If you love distributed systems, machine learning and AI, want to be part of a talented team that wants to hear your voice, if fun and work kind of mix together in your head, or if you are thrilled by reading this post, then, this job is for you! 🙂
- Drive Data Engineering at Veniam;
- Propose improvements to the architecture;
- Mentor Data Engineers;
- Construct, validate and evaluate decision (and forecasting) models from data;
- Coordinate the deployment of decision models in testbeds and production networks;
- Automate the evaluation and tracking of the performance of decision models in testbeds and production networks;
- Automate the construction of decision models from data streams, including automating data clean-up and pre-processing.
As a Senior Data Engineer, we expect you to:
- Have built data pipelines in the past for processing large amounts of data, either batch or streaming (e.g. using Apache Spark, Apache Storm, Apache Hadoop, Apache Flink);
- Have built machine learning models from large amounts of data and have deployed them in production environments;
- Know how to choose machine learning algorithms and their implementations given a problem and a set of constraints;
- Know how to run machine learning experiments;
- Feel that programming and databases are second nature to you;
- Be familiar with Scala, Java and or Python;
- Have experience in implementing cloud applications or distributed systems in general;
- Be thorough and detail-oriented;
- Love challenges;
- Love learning and sharing knowledge;
- Be a team-player who loves having fun.
Qualifications and other requirements
- BSEE/CS, MSEE/CS, or PhD;
- Proven experience in leading teams and making architecture decisions;
- Prior experience in implementing distributed AI systems.
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org