We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal and sales offices in Detroit, Munich and Tokyo.
About Your Role
As an Embedded Software Engineer at Veniam you will develop high-performance embedded software applications, that build up to create vOS. Your work deliverables will be part of the vOS services that enable thousands of vehicles deployed over multiple vehicular deployments to move massive amounts of data between them and the Cloud with the right level of QoS and security.
- Develop high-performance, secure, low-latency and automotive-grade software on top of Linux-based operating systems that will run in different hardware platforms and reference architectures;
- Research, learn and apply coding best practices, enabling the creation of high standard Embedded Platform Software;
- Collaborate with the Cloud and Data teams to provide high-performance Embedded Platform components to Veniam internal and external users, partners and customers;
- Understand the importance and impact to customers and partners of reported issues in the Embedded Platform components;
- Iterate rapidly on top of low and high detail requirement sets;
- Investigate the source of reported issues, collaborating with the full stack engineering team when required.
- 3+ years experience with C/C++ programming;
- Experience with POSIX threading related mechanism;
- Good understanding of the IP stack, and TCP/UDP networking;
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures;
- Experience in at least one high-level scripting language (e.g. Python).
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
- Plus for experience in Linux kernel, including troubleshooting, device drivers development, user-space kernel interaction, memory management, others;
- Plus for experience in developing software under Automotive standards (A-SPICE, ISO-26262, MISRA-C).
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org