Veniam makes places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles. Recognized by CNBC and NASDAQ in 2016 and 2017 as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is the company with the largest number and diversity of vehicles that talk with each other on a daily basis. Our technology platform therefore enables hundreds of cars, buses, and trucks to move massive amounts of data in cities such as New York, Singapore, and Porto. Powered by a world class team of kind, smart and passionate men and women, Veniam owns a prized IP portfolio of more than 100 patents and is uniquely positioned to deliver the number one data networking platform for autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things.
About Your Role
Our Engineering team delivers integrated full-stack networking solutions with all the hardware, software, and cloud based components that are required to deliver networks of connected vehicles and other moving things. As manager of the Engineering team at Veniam, you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams to guarantee the on-time delivery of the platform for the future of vehicular connectivity with high quality standards. You will be responsible for making the team happy and productive while managing each individual’s careers.
We expect all team members to collaborate actively in making everyone around feel welcome and grow both as a professional and as an individual. Our commitment to you is to enable you to do so every day. Veniam’s culture is not static and evolves with each new addition to the team. We look forward in equal parts to your contributions to Veniam’s technology, products, and culture.
Primary Responsibilities for this position
- Define, measure, and own the day-to-day implementation plan for the team, working closely with the product team, engineering leads, and the CTO.
- Mentor and grow a world-class engineering team to drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Coordinate teams to deliver high quality software and hardware on time, within budget and with the required functionality
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Experience in C programming language and scripting languages (bash, Perl, Ruby, Python).
- Solid wireless and wireline communication & networking technologies knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, 802.11).
- Experience in backend frameworks, service oriented architecture and REST based web service development, API design, and distributed systems management.
- Experience in system and application monitoring, software distribution, patching and maintenance in a Linux environment.
- Experience in hardware development management.
- Proven people management skills and affinity to mentorship.
- Experience with Agile methodology and how it can be customized to fit a project team and achieve organizational goals.
- Plus for automotive/critical software development experience.
- BSEE/CS or equivalent, MSEE/CS preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
- 10+ years of experience managing engineering teams including hiring/termination, onboarding, and performance management.
- Experience in automotive/critical software industry is prefered (Autosar, Fusi, Genivi, Automotive Linux)
- MBA is a bonus point.
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org