Veniam makes places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles. Recognized by CNBC and NASDAQ in 2016 and 2017 as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is the company with the largest number and diversity of vehicles that talk with each other on a daily basis. Our technology platform therefore enables hundreds of cars, buses, and trucks to move massive amounts of data in cities such as New York, Singapore, and Porto. Powered by a world class team of kind, smart and passionate men and women, Veniam owns a prized IP portfolio of more than 100 patents and is uniquely positioned to deliver the number one data networking platform for autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things.
About The Design Team
The Veniam Design team is composed of graphic and UI/UX designers covering areas as Branding, Graphic Design, UI Design, UX Design and front-end prototyping. Our mission is to “tailor meaningful experiences for the future of mobility” with a strong drive and focus on being people-centric, thinking holistically, to design fast, fail faster and learn fastest, while always challenging preconceived assumptions. We aim to design Veniam’s vision for the future of mobility side by side with engineering, product, and all of our teams and stakeholders.
About your role
As a Full Stack Designer you will explore and contribute to the end-to-end design process. Ideate features and functionalities, generate and design new concepts, design useful and usable solutions, and validate problems, assumptions and hypothesis through user research.
As a Full Stack Designer you will interact closely with other teams as Business & Product Marketing, Data Science, and Cloud Managed Services teams, fostering multi-disciplinary learnings, assisting in product discovery, and interacting with world-leading technology.
If, as a designer, you enjoy building functional prototypes through front-end web application frameworks, you have access to Veniam’s extensive vehicle mesh network dataset which will allow you to drive valuable proof-of-concepts for customer and market validation.
The design team is growing, refining its processes and defining its design principles. We are looking at you, as someone interested in the startup community and who is open and capable of assisting in building the team, to add to our core values, set up useful and efficient processes, and together build a rapport capable of driving the overarching vision of making places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles.
- Planning and executing digital product design stages from concept to hand-off, followed by continuous improvement cycles.
- Participate in preparing requirements and specifications.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the product feature functions and looks like.
- Design graphic user interface elements.
- Implement mobile and responsive designs, usability and best practices.
- Test product features, applications and ideias for accessibility and usability.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. usability issues).
- Create engaging presentations of images and information for various media through drawing, photography, composition, video editing, motion graphics, or 3D design.
- Plan, shoot, and edit high quality video content and photographs.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Prepare and present ideas, concepts and designs to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to human-computer interaction.
- Ability to present your designs and back up your solutions in a positive manner and expertly handle critique.
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. InVision or Figma).
- Prolific with the standard Adobe Creative Suite tools as Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively, taking input from multi-disciplinary teams.
- Desire to learn new techniques to improve user experience and site performance.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to teach and mentor others on new things relevant.
- Ability to bridge the technical, design and market communication barriers.
- Good time-management skills.
- Portfolio of representative personal and/or team design work.
- A minimum of 3 years of industry experience in (graphic/UI-UX) design with a proven track record of success.
- A Bachelor’s degree in graphic design/arts, communications design, new media, web design, user experience design, or related field is required.
We have no favourites, however we’ll love you more if you bring
- Strong rapid prototyping (e.g. paper and clickable mockups in Figma).
- Strong functional prototyping (front-end development) skills.
- Understanding of modern front-end code HTML/CSS/JS/NodeJS/React/Angular.
- Front-end development allowing to build proofs-of-concept as data visualizations connected to the largest vehicle mesh network database.
- A vibrant commitment to the open source community and ethos.
- Manipulate and edit videos and input music, dialogues, graphics and effects.
- Ability to create motion graphics and visualizations capable of communicating complex technical messages to the market for validation or marketing.
- Experience with print and marketing design is a plus.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com