We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal and sales offices in Detroit, Munich and Tokyo.
About Your Role
The Software Engineer (Integration Automotive) at Veniam is responsible for actively collaborate in the integration of the software components, developed by the Vehicle Software team, in the automotive platforms of Veniam’s partners and customers. It is expected a close work with the remaining Integration team members but also with peers from the Vehicle Software team.
The Software Engineer (Integration Automotive) work deliverables are part of the complete solution required by and delivered to customers and that enable their vehicles to move massive amounts of data between them and the Cloud with the right level of QoS and security.
- Proactively collaborate on the delivery of high quality automotive solutions based on Veniam’s technology;
- Adapt and/or integrate products of the Embedded Systems Engineering team, following well defined quality, security, compliance and reliability requirements;
- Ensure that the work performed is documented following the team guidelines;
- Iterate rapidly on top of low and high detail requirement sets;
- Understand the importance and impact to customers and partners of reported issues pertaining to integration work;
- Investigate the source of reported integration issues, collaborating with the full stack engineering team when required;
- Research, learn and apply coding best practices, techniques and tools, enabling the creation of high standard automotive solutions;
- Mentor Junior Embedded Systems Engineers both technically and culturally.
- Demonstrated expertise in embedded and distributed software architecture;
- 3+ years experience with C/C++ programming;
- 3+ years experience in a high-level scripting language (e.g. Python);
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, JIRA, others).
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Degree in Software Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar;
- Experience in developing software under Automotive standards (A-SPICE, ISO-26262, MISRA-C) is a nice plus;
- Experience in Automotive specific embedded architecture (AUTOSAR, AGL, GDP, etc.) is valuable.
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org