We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal and sales offices in Detroit, Munich and Tokyo.
About Your Role
As Integration Team Manager at Veniam you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities, the personal development and the career plans of all members of Veniam’s Integration Team. Under your leadership, the Integration Team deploys Veniam’s solution into world-class automotive OEMs and tier 1 supplier’s platforms, enabling millions of vehicles to move massive amounts of data between them and the cloud with the right level of QoS and security.
Your tasks as Integration Team Manager include estimating effort, assigning tasks, reporting progress, supporting the team and evaluating the performance of every team member.
- Drive the development of Software Integration services at Veniam by reporting to the Head of Automotive Engineering, managing the day to day activities of the team, and fostering a cohesive and motivating working environment;
- Set targets, implement guidelines and assign tasks, taking into account team member capacities and satisfaction, team/company goals and schedule constraints;
- Ensure that all members understand the team’s objectives and work effectively to achieve it, while being accountable for the on-time execution of all tasks with the highest standards of quality, security, compliance and reliability;
- Work closely with the Software Integration Tech Leader in all technical decisions to be made in the Software Integration team;
- Align with the different Project Managers and teams to understand the requirements and use-cases to be addressed through integration team;
- Work closely with the Tech Leader for all the technical decisions and act as a liaison between him and the customer;
- Perform periodic appraisals for all team members, regarding performance, compensation, training needs/activities, role descriptions and overall satisfaction;
- Assist in recruiting processes for Software Integration-related technical positions when requested by the Head of Automotive Engineering (defining job descriptions according to team needs, performing scouting of candidates, attending to interviews, etc.).
- Customer-facing expertise and ability to engage with customer’s technical counterparts;
- Skillful in leading teams in Agile environment;
- Ability to review deliverables’ milestones, create resource plans and engineering effort allocation;
- Experienced in handling shifting priorities and requirements in high-pressure environments through analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Degree in Software Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar;
- 5+ years experience in technical leadership roles;
- 5+ years of professional experience managing multi-disciplinary teams to deliver system integration projects;
- Experience in assuring coaching/team building and performance/career management.
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to email@example.com