Veniam makes places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles. Recognized by CNBC and NASDAQ in 2016 and 2017 as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is the company with the largest number and diversity of vehicles that talk with each other on a daily basis. Our technology platform therefore enables hundreds of cars, buses, and trucks to move massive amounts of data in cities such as New York, Singapore, and Porto. Powered by a world class team of kind, smart and passionate men and women, Veniam owns a prized IP portfolio of more than 100 patents and is uniquely positioned to deliver the number one data networking platform for autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things.
About Your Role
Our Engineering team delivers integrated full-stack networking solutions with all the hardware, software, and cloud based components that are required to deliver networks of connected vehicles and other moving things.
Our IT infrastructure includes from a number of core services running on-premise in our main office in Portugal and accessible to collaborators worldwide through a VPN. Additionally, Veniam has a multi-geography cloud infrastructure that supports critical cloud systems and data storage for the several vehicular networks and customers operating globally.
As IT Engineer you will be responsible for the smooth operation of our on-premise and cloud systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. You will ensure the proper maintenance of Veniam’s network infrastructure and computing needs, overseeing the usage and security of all corporate IT resources, such as computers, servers, smartphones, etc.
Primary Responsibilities for this position
- Manage IT infrastructure of Veniam offices, on-premise or cloud
- Maintain the current and future network architecture, updating network diagram
- Provide necessary support on hardware, software and applications throughout
- Install and configure necessary software in Mac and PC laptops for all employees
- Manage service requests, incidents, tasks and problems aligned with ITSM
- Contribute to IT knowledge base with how-to guides and self service documentation
- Create or remove all necessary account during employee onboarding and offboarding
- Interact with employees and vendors, reporting and troubleshooting incidents
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging IT solutions and technologies
- Work in a world-class engineering team every day
- Experience working and troubleshooting network infrastructure and systems
- Proficient managing Datacenter, UPS, HVAC, servers and storage
- Experience as Linux system administrator, system services, virtualization
- Knowledgeable of network protocols such as Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and others
- Knowledgeable on SaaS products such as GSuite, Atlassian, Office 365 and others
- Capable of setting and configuring video conferencing rooms using Zoom
- Ability to automate system tasks using bash, python, or other scripting languages
- Skillful on Windows, Linux and Mac laptops, tablets and smartphones setup
- Bonus: Experience managing OpenStack infrastructure, instances and resources
- BSEE/CS or equivalent, MSEE/CS preferred
- 2+ years in infrastructure, system and network management
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to email@example.com