Veniam makes places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles. Recognized by CNBC and NASDAQ in 2016 and 2017 as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is the company with the largest number and diversity of vehicles that talk with each other on a daily basis. Our technology platform therefore enables hundreds of cars, buses, and trucks to move massive amounts of data in cities such as New York, Singapore, and Porto. Powered by a world class team of kind, smart and passionate men and women, Veniam owns a prized IP portfolio of more than 100 patents and is uniquely positioned to deliver the number one data networking platform for autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things.
About The Design Team
The Veniam Design team’s mission is to “tailor meaningful experiences for the future of mobility” and does this with a focus on being people-centric. The Design team believes in solving the right problem through the most creative and usable solution while mindful of the business and stakeholder needs. Thinking holistically, challenging assumptions, and designing fast, failing faster and learning fastest, are the guiding forces built within the Design team. The Design team is composed of visual designers and UI/UX designers covering areas as Graphic Design, Interface and Interaction Design, User Experience Design and front-end prototyping. We aim to design Veniam’s vision for the future of mobility side by side with engineering, product and data, and all of our teams and stakeholders.
About your role
As a Product Designer you will contribute to the overall product strategy through concept generation, visual and user experience design, prototyping, and collaboration with the Product Marketing team. As a Product Designer you will explore the full-spectrum of product design from: Ideating features and functionalities, generating and designing concepts, designing useful and usable solutions, and validating problems, assumptions and hypothesis through user research. As a Product Designer you will interact closely with other teams as Business Development & Product Marketing, Data Science, and Cloud Managed Services teams, fostering multi-disciplinary learnings, assisting in product discovery, and interacting with world-leading technology.
The design team is growing, refining its processes and defining its design principles. We are looking at you, as someone interested in the startup community and who is open and capable of assisting in building the team, to add to our core values, set up useful and efficient processes, and together build a rapport capable of driving the overarching vision of making places more human by maximizing the utility of vehicles.
- Analyse business needs and requirements, predict and measure impact on the product;
- Conduct research and case studies on competitor design solution;
- Documenting Customer Journeys, Top Tasks and other deliverables that will support the design and development of the system;
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the product feature functions and looks like;
- Design graphic user interface elements;
- Design solutions aligned to product (roadmap) and company vision;
- Plan and execute digital product design stages from concept to hand-off, followed by continuous improvement cycles;
- Implement mobile and responsive designs, usability and best practices;
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. usability issues);
- Prepare and present ideas, concepts and designs to internal teams and key stakeholders;
- Test product features, applications and ideias for accessibility and usability;
- To think product and not project, to think evolution and maturity and not on closed designs in a vacuum;
- To iterate quickly on concepts and display grit when thrown a hurdle.
- Ability to present your designs and back up your solutions in a positive manner and expertly handle critique;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines;
- Ability to teach and mentor others on new things relevant;
- Ability to bridge the technical, design and market communication barriers;
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively;
- Ability to communicate visually research results as diagrams (modeling), wireframes and mockups;
- Ability to work with project business representatives and team members to test business requirements;
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively, taking input from multi-disciplinary teams;
- Deep knowledge of the user-centered design process and methods;
- Deliver user experience visions, UI specs and prototypes;
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to human-computer interaction;
- Good time-management skills;
- Knowledge of design and prototyping tools (e.g. InVision or Figma);
- Prolific with the standard Adobe Creative Suite tools as Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Strong verbal communication abilities to effectively share your design rational.
- 3+ years of industry experience in (product/UI-UX) design, with a proven track record of success;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or other relevant field;
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results;
- Deep knowledge of user-centered design principles and methods;
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator;
- Mastery of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, and Figma;
- Portfolio of representative personal and/or team design work;
- Strong knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes;
- Seasoned in Agile development processes.
We have no favourites, however we’ll love if you bring
- Ability to create motion graphics and visualizations capable of communicating complex technical messages to the market for validation or marketing;
- Collaborative, self motivated and love to know more about our users and customers;
- Front-end development allowing to build proofs-of-concept as data visualizations connected to the largest vehicle mesh network database;
- Product Marketing experience (infographics, product walkthrough, etc);
- Strong rapid prototyping (e.g. paper and clickable mockups in Figma);
- Strong functional prototyping (front-end development) skills;
- Understanding of modern front-end code HTML/CSS/JS/NodeJS/React/Angular.
We’d like to see your work
Please share your portfolio demonstrating your recent work.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com