Veniam is delivering the number one data networking platform for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. For the past few years, we’ve been connecting cars, buses and trucks in cities like Porto, Singapore and New York, which helped us understand how we can move massive amounts of data between these vehicles and to the cloud. Our platform enables vehicles to talk to each other in all kinds of environments. Veniam’s platform combines multi-network architectures, data management and it guarantees low-latency fail-safe vehicle-to-cloud communications. We maximize the utility of vehicles by enabling them to become a lot more than simple machines that carry people and goods from place to place; it expands wireless internet access, improves the quality and the experience of mobility services.
About Your Role
The Project Manager’s main mission is to drive project success by enabling strong coordination between the different teams across the company. He/she manages a set of projects (customer-oriented, internal and improvement) making sure that they follow project management best practices and methodologies and deliver the promised results with maximum quality on time and on budget.
- Ensure that project teams follow defined project management methodologies and techniques while staying focused on delivering projects on scope, on time and on budget;
- Ensure that project teams are collaborating closely and smoothly and that every resource inside the project team knows exactly what is expected of him/her;
- Ensure that project status is transparent and widely available;
- Ensure that all project issues are escalated when appropriate;
- Contribute to creating a lean/agile mindset and raise awareness at the leadership level for ways to apply it across the organization;
- Work together with leaders inside the company to help identify improvement opportunities that can be translated into successful projects.
- Ability to plan and monitor the execution of different types of projects
- Ability to coordinate project teams while keeping them engaged and motivated
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Ability to assess and understand the strategic importance of any project
- Ability to manage conflicts and reach consensus
- Ability to gather inputs, decide timely and escalate when necessary
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities
- Ability to create and nurture healthy relationships with partners and customers
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the client or partner organization, including technical and executive stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – Advanced Excel and data analysis skills are required
- Good understanding of databases (SQL/NoSQL)
- Experience working in Linux / Unix environment
- Strong ability to troubleshoot problems and quickly understand cutting-edge solutions
Qualifications and other Requirements
- Degree and/or Master in computer science, Electronic and Telecommunications, Engineering or similar
- Proven working experience as IT project manager
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken;
- Willingness and availability to travel;
- Working experience with networks will be valued;
- PMP certification will be valued.
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to email@example.com