We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal and sales offices in Detroit, Munich and Tokyo.
About Your Role
As a QA Engineer, you will drive software verification and validation through functional testing, code inspection, and overall “let me try to break this” attitude. You’ll work closely with the QA and Support Manager, the Platform Engineering and the DevOps teams to assure all software delivered matches the quality and definition-of-done of our product teams and customers. You will be the gatekeeper of Veniam’s software quality by creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases as well as estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities.
- Test and integrate Veniam Platform’s functionalities while identifying defective functionalities and work with other engineers to find and fix the cause;
- Validate each functionality acceptance criteria and match with definition-of-done as defined in the Product and Technology Roadmaps;
- Integrate different features/binaries/apps into the Veniam’s Platform to deliver according to specifications;
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities;
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases;
- Produce, review and assure the correctness of the necessary technical documentation that relates to software testing and functional integration of Veniam software;
- Identify, record, and document tracked bugs followed by thorough regression testing to confirm bug fixing;
- Design, develop and execute automation and testing scripts using open source tools;
- Identify key KPIs for software and functionalities quality assurance like defect densities and open defect counts;
- Provide recommendations for the strategy of Quality Assurance at Veniam and suggested actions for improvement;
- Make recommendations to the Quality Assurance & Support Manager on how to improve the quality of software development and technical support, as well as cost, benefit and risk of their implementation;
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies;
- Collaborate with the Product and Platform Engineering team to ensure consistent functionality development execution;
- Be an advocate of the company’s culture, vision and core values.
- Solid knowledge of scripting (e.g. Bash and Python);
- Basic knowledge of Unix System and C language;
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools;
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes;
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases;
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
Qualifications and other requirements:
- 3+ years of experience in software testing and quality assurance;
- Prior experience with SaaS and IaaS DevOps and software rollout;
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
- Problem-solving skills with solution-oriented attitude.
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to email@example.com