Veniam is delivering the number one data networking platform for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. For the past few years, we’ve been connecting cars, buses and trucks in cities like Porto, Singapore and New York, which helped us understand how we can move massive amounts of data between these vehicles and to the cloud. Our platform enables vehicles to talk to each other in all kinds of environments. Veniam’s platform combines multi-network architectures, data management and it guarantees low-latency fail-safe vehicle-to-cloud communications. We maximize the utility of vehicles by enabling them to become a lot more than simple machines that carry people and goods from place to place; it expands wireless internet access, improves the quality and the experience of mobility services.
About Your Role
Veniam’s QA & Support team is responsible for ensuring the highest level of quality of all shipped software and customer-facing tech support of Veniam software and infrastructure. Veniam’s data networking platform includes a complex mix of embedded networking software and cloud-based components that must operate flawlessly in our customer’s devices and infrastructure.
As a QA engineer, you will drive software verification and validation through functional testing, code inspection, and overall “let me try to break this” attitude. You’ll work closely with the QA and Support Manager, the Platform Engineering and the DevOps teams to assure all software delivered matches the quality and definition-of-done of our product teams and customers. You will be the gatekeeper of Veniam’s software quality by creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases as well as estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities.
All our customers are global leaders in the automotive industry. They expect the highest standards of software and service delivery, and you will play an important role in the company’s mission while enjoying unique opportunities for learning and professional growth.
- Test and integrate Veniam Platform’s functionalities while identifying defective functionalities and work with other engineers to find and fix the cause;
- Validate each functionality acceptance criteria and match with definition-of-done as defined in the Product and Technology Roadmaps;
- Integrate different features/binaries/apps into the Veniam’s Platform to deliver according to specifications;
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities;
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases;
- Produce, review and assure the correctness of the necessary technical documentation that relates to software testing and functional integration of Veniam software;
- Identify, record, and document tracked bugs followed by thorough regression testing to confirm bug fixing;
- Design, develop and execute automation and testing scripts using open source tools;
- Identify key KPIs for software and functionalities quality assurance like defect densities and open defect counts;
- Provide recommendations for the strategy of Quality Assurance at Veniam and suggested actions for improvement;
- Make recommendations to the Quality Assurance & Support Manager on how to improve the quality of software development and technical support, as well as cost, benefit and risk of their implementation;
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies;
- Collaborate with the Product and Platform Engineering team to ensure consistent functionality development execution;
- Be an advocate of the company’s culture, vision and core values.
- Solid knowledge of scripting (e.g. Bash and Python);
- Basic knowledge of Unix System and C language;
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools;
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes;
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases;
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
Qualifications and other requirements:
- 3+ years of experience in software testing and quality assurance;
- Prior experience with SaaS and IaaS DevOps and software rollout;
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
- Problem-solving skills with solution-oriented attitude.
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to email@example.com