We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal and sales offices in Detroit, Munich and Tokyo.
About Your Role
As a Senior member of the Frontend development team you will be responsible for delivering a great user experience in Veniam cloud dashboards considering the best usability and software development practices. You will also work closely with our world-class cloud backend engineering team to leverage the best features of Veniam Cloud infrastructure.
Your software will be part of the critical cloud services that enable thousands of vehicles deployed over multiple vehicular deployments to move massive amounts of data between them and the cloud with the right level of QoS and security.
If you would like to be part of the data networking company that will impact key players in the automotive, transportation, and telecommunication sector this challenge is for you.
- Work with the product teams and customers to understand the requirements and pains to be addressed in Veniam Cloud dashboards;
- Collaborate with cloud backend development team to provide the best user experience and functionality to Veniam users, customers, and partners;
- Bring your experience and best practices to the engineering and development team;
- Develop and engineer visual contents matching the identified requirements;
- Iterate rapidly on top of low and high fidelity designs and working prototypes;
- Understand the impact of reported issues in the frontend and investigate the source together with the full stack engineering team.
- Awesome skills in JS, HTML5 and CSS3;
- Strong background in web applications development with TDD;
- Experience in JS unit-tests tools (eg: Jasmine) and JS automated tests (eg: Protactor);
- Previous use of packaging/build tools: Webpack, Npm, Gulp, Grunt, etc.;
- Experience in developing real-time applications and using established design patterns.
Qualifications and other requirements
- 5+ years in development of large scale cloud applications;
- BSEE/CS or equivalent, MSEE/CS a nice-to-have;
- Experience in Node.js or Go;
- Love for carefully designed user interfaces and dashboards;
- Proven experience in leading teams and making architecture decisions.
- Porto, Portugal
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to email@example.com