Veniam is delivering the number one data networking platform for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. For the past few years, we’ve been connecting cars, buses and trucks in cities like Porto, Singapore and New York, which helped us understand how we can move massive amounts of data between these vehicles and to the cloud. Our platform enables vehicles to talk to each other in all kinds of environments. Veniam’s platform combines multi-network architectures, data management and it guarantees low-latency fail-safe vehicle-to-cloud communications. We maximize the utility of vehicles by enabling them to become a lot more than simple machines that carry people and goods from place to place; it expands wireless internet access, improves the quality and the experience of mobility services.
About Your Role
Veniam’s SRE team is responsible for working closely with the DevOps and Development teams to ensure all software releases are delivered to customers with the highest level of reliability and scalability. Your team assures the smooth operation of all production network with software running healthy and also develop tools for high-quality continuous integration, continuous delivery and ultimately continuous improvement. The SRE team also works closely with the Project Management Office (PMO) and Product Teams to validate all software in a pre-production and production environments.
As a Site-Reliability engineer, you will manage both private and public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Openstack), update and improve automated deployment pipelines (using tools such as Ansible, Puppet and Terraform) and manage thousands of embedded devices spreaded between multiple countries. You’ll work closely with the SRE Manager, DevOps and Development teams to assure all software delivered matches the quality and definition-of-done of our product teams and customers.
All our customers are global leaders in the automotive industry. They expect the highest standards of software and service delivery, and you will play an important role in the company’s mission while enjoying unique opportunities for learning and professional growth.
- Validate Veniam Platform’s functionalities while identifying defective functionalities and work with other engineers to find and fix the cause;
- Integrate different features/binaries/apps into the Veniam’s Platform to deliver according to specifications;
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate validation activities;
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured release plans;
- Produce, review and assure the correctness of the necessary technical documentation that relates to software validation and integration of Veniam software;
- Design, develop and execute automation and testing scripts using open source tools;
- Identify key KPIs for production software management and quality assurance;;
- Provide recommendations for the strategy of SRE and DevOps at Veniam with suggested actions for improvement;
- Make recommendations to the SRE Manager on how to improve the quality of software development, deployment, and technical support, as well as cost, benefit and risk of their implementation;
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies;
- Collaborate with the Product and Platform Engineering team to ensure consistent functionality development execution;
- Be an advocate of the company’s culture, vision and core values.
- Solid knowledge of Unix System and scripting languages (e.g. Bash and Python);
- Basic knowledge of C language;
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools;
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases;
Qualifications and other Requirements
- 1+ years of experience in software development;
- Prior experience with SaaS and IaaS DevOps and software rollout;
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
- Problem-solving skills with solution-oriented attitude.
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to email@example.com