We are accelerating future mobility and making places more human by delivering intelligent networking software for connected cars and autonomous vehicles. With an IP portfolio of more than 160 patents, Veniam makes the most out of all available networks to move massive amounts of data between vehicles and the cloud, all with the right quality of service and security profiles. Working closely with the world’s largest Auto OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, we aim to improve the lives of millions of people by securely managing the data flows of a new and emerging mobility ecosystem – the Internet of Moving Things – in which connected vehicles not only move people and goods more efficiently but also expand Internet coverage, deliver new human experiences and gather valuable data for smart city applications.
Named by CNBC and NASDAQ as one of the 50 most disruptive companies in the world, Veniam is a global company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, Engineering Center in Porto, Portugal and sales offices in Detroit, Munich and Tokyo.
About Your Role
As a Support Engineer, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining tools to support operations and improve Veniam’s monitoring capabilities. You will also be working directly in debugging and solving customer’s issues and coordinating software rollouts with the development teams to make sure we deliver with excellence.
- Create and maintain tools that facilitate operations and increase Veniam’s monitoring capabilities;
- Design, develop and execute automation and testing scripts using open source tools;
- Debug and implement solutions to solve customer issues;
- Work collaboratively with the Platform Engineering team to deploy the Veniam software with the right quality level;
- Validate and assure the quality of the deployed Veniam Platform’s functionalities while identifying defective functionalities and work with other engineers to find and fix the cause;
- Make recommendations to the Support Manager on how to improve the quality of software development and technical support, as well as cost, benefit and risk of their implementation.
- Solid knowledge of Unix System and scripting languages (e.g. Bash and Python);
- Good understanding of databases (SQL/NoSQL);
- Basic knowledge of C language;
- Good understanding of the IP stack, and TCP/UDP networking;
- Experience with Git version control system;
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools;
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test case.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
- 2+ years of experience in developing and maintaining Linux Kernel and/or user-space embedded applications;
- Prior experience with SaaS and IaaS DevOps and software rollout;
- Problem-solving skills with solution-oriented attitude.
How to apply
Please send your CV with cover letter to email@example.com